Wednesday 25 June 2014

Album Review: Ed Sheeran, X






So as I have mentioned before Ed Sheeran is one of my favourite artists and I literally have every song he's ever made, including covers of other songs, some of which completely throw the original out of the window. The English singer-songwriter has finally dropped another album, x (pronounced 'multiply') and I just.. love it. I have listened to nothing else but this. It was released on the 20th of June for Australia and New Zealand before coming out worldwide on the 23rd of June. His song Sing (which I am obsessed with!) was the lead single from the album and it was his first UK number 1!

As many people know Ed Sheeran is very talented young man.. he can rap, play guitar and make you swoon with ballads because of that beautiful, calming voice. Raised on folk, R&B, hip-hop and rock, Sheeran incorporates all of these genres in all of his albums. In 2012, he went multi-platinum with his album + and singles like The A Team and Lego House were international hits. This album takes him away a little from the simple genre of acoustic pop-rock, his love songs and sees him in the waters of hip-hop with the help of a plethora of well known producers like Rick Rubin and Pharrell for some of the tracks. Pharrell even stars in the leading single Sing's video.

Pharrell Williams, the man everyone is talking about right now, fresh from an album of his own, after two mega hits Get Lucky with Daft Punk and Blurred Lines with Robin Thicke; he co-produced Runaway and Sing. I love these two songs in particular because Sheeran and Pharrell work so well together as the beat from Pharrell, the shredding of Ed's guitar interlace and shine flawlessly.

Some of my favourite songs from the album are Photograph; written with Snow Patrol member Johnny McDaid, I'm A Mess, One, Take It Back, Tenerife Sea and many more. I just love each song in a different way whether it'd be for his sublime rapping, his heart melting love songs or his guitar shredding anthems.. it's probably topped + in my eyes but I love anything this man sings.

Here are some of the songs that should hopefully get you listening to the rest of the album!
I hope you liked my review and the album too! 
Please leave a comment on what you thought of the album yourself, was it good? Was it better? Worse? Or maybe leave a comment on what you thought of my review.

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.
       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x