Sunday 11 May 2014

Makeup Review: 32 Colour Eyeshadow Palette In Lovely Day By Accessorize.

 

This is probably one of the best eyeshadow palettes I own. The packaging is so cute with the leopard and rose print and it's the same on the inside with a small mirror, making it look really attractive and it's probably one of the factors that influenced me to get this product.

It has 32 different colours from deep to soft, warm to colourful, daytime to nighttime to create any type of look you want on your eyes. There three different finishes; matte, satin and shimmery so you have quite a choice of what you want.

In the tray, there's mainly neutral colours that form the basis of a look; you have base colour nudes, bronze-type browns, the greys and blacks for that smoky look, a few bold bright greens and blues with a few purples too. 

I love the pigment of the shimmery shadows but the matte and shimmery ones need quite a few layers and blends of other colours (some effective eyeshadow primer is always a good idea too!) for them to stand out properly on your eyes depending on what kind of look you are going for. I love how there is literally every colour for what you want from neutral daytime looks to party/classy looks for the nighttime. Regardless of your skin colour, every colour and look you can create stands out.

A few minor problems I found is that if you have oily eyelids they might limit the lasting ability of the eyeshadow, I sometimes have this problem as I've found out at the end of the day or a night out, I get panda eyes! It does depend on whether you have used some effective eyeshadow primer and/or base beforehand and these eyeshadows do work alot better with some sort of base (I use primer, which I may review in the future). If you need more tips, I would recommend using a wet brush technique or a primer/base as aforementioned for the best colour pay off and again, any matte and shimmery finishes need a fair few layers to show up on your skin. You can continuously build up the colour and add some to your waterline to create a stronger look although it can smudge or wipe away easily after a few hours. This does depend on how bold or neutral you want your look though so you can work this out along the way as I did. There is quite alot of 'fallout' from the eyeshadows as you apply them so I would either create your look before applying any skin products (i.e. foundations, blush etc.) or like I do, put some sticky tape or sellotape at the corners of your eyes and this can help create a 'cat eye' look and catch any eyeshadow that doesn't stick to your eye (tip: when using sellotape on your eyes, use your fingers to remove some of the stickiness as it is a sensitive area around your eye and always put it under your eyelashes so you don't pull any lashes off when removing it!).


This is a perfect eyeshadow palette for people trying out new looks and experimenting with eyeshadow layering and blending. I did buy this on impulse and I am so glad I did as it has lasted me this long and helps me experiment with different colours and looks rather than my usual go-to smoky eye look. As I am only still learning how to become better with my makeup, this product was a real bargain at £8.95 (I bought it at Superdrug price) and you don't often get a rich and strong pigmented and colourful palette like this under a tenner!

You can buy it from the Accessorize shop and website:
http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_19,acc_5.6/2032649900

Available also in Superdrug and online at £8.95.

I hope you enjoyed my review and buy it for yourself!

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x