Sunday 14 February 2016

Makeup Review: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter.

Hey, everyone. I just realised I haven't done a review on anything makeup related in ages! But today I'm doing a review on The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer's highlighter. I've been loving this recently and I know it's been raved about by other bloggers so here's my review!


First of all, I absolutely love the packaging. It's very unique and shows a classy, pin up girl on the front jailed for looking fabulous! I forgot to photograph the back of it as well so I had to use someone else's but it looks like this:

(x)

It looks so cool and retro. I love it!

The Mary-Lou Manizer states that it is an "innocent honey-hued lumanizer that catch everybody's eye .. your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow".



The colour is absolutely gorgeous and it is really shimmery. You don't need alot on your brush or finger, it is very pigmented. Gradually add more and more until you're happy with the result. Too much and you can end up looking like a disco ball! Actually, I wore this last night and I don't often post photos of myself on here but I did like how I did my makeup. Have a look:

Hopefully, you can see that highlighter looking on fleek! It really is worth the money and for the price of it, I'd say you should use this for special occasions and nights out rather than for every day use. I got this on sale but it's a higher end product. Get a cheaper one for everyday use because this is one is really too nice just for every day. It is entirely up to you but personally, I don't wear alot of make up every day for uni and stuff but each to their own.

What's more, you can also use this lovely product as an eyeshadow too! It comes out as a lovely yellow gold shimmer and it's really nice to wear on its own or to add a bit of sparkle on top of other eyeshadows for your eye look. Plus it has a compact mirror so you can pop it in your bag for whenever you need to top up.

You can buy it at Superdrug or Amazon for £17.50.

Have you used this? What did you think of it?
Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

7 comments:

  1. I love love love this highlighter, it's hands down one of my favorites.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I've wanted to try this product for a very long time and this post has inspired me even further!

    www.hannahsimpsonx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging looks so cool! If I got one it would probably be in a lighter color, I'm quite pale haha

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look like it but trust me, this works so well on pale skin! I'm very pale myself and it's just fine :) x

      Delete
  4. Hopefully, you can see that highlighter looking on fleek! It really is worth the money and for the price of it, I'd say you should use this for special occasions and nights out rather than for every day use. scarf suppliers , ladies wraps and shawls , wholesale shawl suppliers , velvet shawl , new york wholesale , elegant shawl , kashmiri shawls wholesalers , red shawl I got this on sale but it's a higher end product. Get a cheaper one for everyday use because this is one is really too nice just for every day. It is entirely up to you but personally, I don't wear alot of make up every day for uni and stuff but each to their own.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x