Tuesday 14 October 2014

Makeup Review: Kiko Makeup Milano Velvet Mat - Satin Lipstick In Passion Red & Dark Berry.


Hey there. I've been so unwell so I haven't been posting anything for about a week or so but I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to review and show you two of my absolute favourite lipsticks - Kiko's Velvet Mat - Satin Lipstick in 607/Passion Red and 614/Dark Berry.

I have been in love with this brand ever since my friend bought me some of Kiko's products as Christmas presents last year during her year abroad. They sell fabulous make-up for the price that comes with it. I haven't used much of their facial products (except for the foundation which I also reviewed - see here). But they have a huge variety in colours and textures in their cosmetic ranges, so worth checking out!
These two lipsticks are described by Kiko as 'an ultra-silky, virtually "weightless" texture that unveils unexpected moisturising and soothing qualities' and they are so right! When applied, the lipsticks feel so creamy and soft. They're both fairly pigmented for that high coverage effect and they're also both full of K2 repulp which is a plant extract that allows moisturising and plumping, your lips looking strong and healthy and also includes ageing prevention. It is also hypo-allergenic which is obviously always a good thing. I'm not sure if it does prevent aging personally but if you're interested in that kind of thing, then this could be perfect for you.

They both glide on perfectly and they're easy to apply either by themselves or with a lip brush. There are 15 colours available, all suitable for skin types.


This is the first one in 607 - Passion Red and isn't it gorgeous? You just can't go wrong with a red lippy. It is a darker, more pink based kind of red. However it isn't this pink when you apply it to your lips, it's more of a sophisticated red when actually on you. This colour really exudes classiness and elegance, it's perfect for any evening/nights out.
 

Now this one in 614 - Dark Berry is another perfect one for me as I have said I do like my dark lipsticks. It has great pigmentation and I'm completely in love with it. It gives you a great bold lip without being too much. You can wear very little on your eyes and with this on your lips, you'll set it off your look completely. Perfect for those autumn/winter days.

Both of these lipsticks give that matte look but both remain creamy and soft and last for hours and hours. Sometimes you may need a slight touch up or a lip brush to go any faded lines. But other than that, they're perfect for a long night or day ahead of you.

Can I also just say the packaging is so cool? It's so chic and alluring. It makes it look like a really high end brand of lipstick when it only comes to £6.90 each! I was a little confused when I first received it and struggled to open it at first but once you push the indented top, the lipstick pops out at the bottom which I think is just exciting and new. I love how the outside and inside are covered in two different shades of gold and how you see a rainbow effect when the outside casing catches the light. Very unique. 

The only sad thing is is that we don't have Kiko shops here in the UK apart from London and one in Leeds I saw a few weeks back but thankfully you can order online from their website: www.kikocosmetics.co.uk
I hope they open up a shop nearer to me soon!

As I said these lipsticks cost a decent £6.90 and you really do get your money's worth. So check them out here and get yourself one! 

Have you ever tried these? What did you think of them?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, love the cases and they're two gorgeous colours!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thankyou for following and reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these! I need to get my hands on some Kiko!

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x