Monday 12 January 2015

Golden Globes 2015: Red Carpet Review.

So time for another review of my favourite dresses and suits from the red carpet and this time we're looking at the fashion of the Golden Globes 2015! Held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel, the 72nd Golden Globe Awards were hosted by the fantastic Tina Fey and Amy Poehler whose monologue was so hilarious I had to watch it over and over again.


So let's get into my favourite looks from the red carpet:

Amy Adams looked striking in a single-shouldered Versace gown in a lovely dusty blue colour and she finishes it all off with lovely Tiffany jewels.

How incredible does Rosamund Pike look? Just a month after giving birth to her little baby, she looks stunning in a floor-length Vera Wang gown accompanied with Fred Leighton jewellery. She also paired the gown with Brian Atwood shoes and a sleek bob haircut.

Helen Mirren proves that age is just a number as she dazzles everyone in this gorgeous red Dolce & Gabbana and what's more, she pays tribute to the victims of the Charlie Hebdo tragedy by placing a pen as a brooch. What a woman!

 I am in love with this Giambattista Valli Couture gown that Lupita Nyong'o wore last night. It fits her style so perfectly and the purple floral appliqués are just beautiful. She also wore Chopard jewellery and paired everything with a Judith Leiber clutch.

Actress Jessica Chastain looked elegant and unreal in this Versace dress with a plunging neckline, Paiget earrings and cuff with Jimmy Choo sandals. Her flaming hair is lovely and flowing in waves down her shoulder.

Emily Blunt wows everyone in a Michael Kors dress paired with Nicholas Kirkwood heels with a Judith Leiber clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewels for accessories.

    This is probably my most loved look of the night. Kelly Osbourne's hair looks fantastic as she walks the red carpet in a Christian Siriano dress, Stuart Weitzman shoes and a Judith Leiber clutch. 

Kate Beckinsale kills it again! She looks unreal in an Elie Saab dress with Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, a Rauwolf cluch and Lorraine Schwartz jewellery. Her make up is stunning as well as she opts for a classic smoky eye.

The hosts Tina Fey (left) and Amy Poehler (right) dazzled everyone as well! I didn't really like Tina's dress on the red carpet but instantly loved Amy's. She wore a gorgeous blue Stella McCartney dress with Platinum by Beladora jewellery.
If you want to know, Tina wore an Antonio Berardi custom dress with Fred Leighton earrings and ring.

And of course it wouldn't be fair to leave out the lads.
So here's my favourites from the men this year:

David Oyelowo

George Clooney.

Matt Bomer.

Jared Leto.

Photos: source | source | source

So those were my favourite outfits from the Golden Globes this year.
Do you have any favourites yourself? Did you enjoy the show?

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.
Laura.

31 comments:

  1. Great post, such glamorous styles :) I love your blog and if you ever get a chance to check out mine I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing dresses! Lupita looked amazing once again!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did, she was a close contender for a total favourite of the night but Kelly Osbourne did it for me. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. She really did. Gorgeous blue. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  4. They all have lovely style! love those Hollywood dresses! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do and all of them I want to wear! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  5. Lupita for me is just an absolute Icon! she always looks incredible!

    Holly xx
    www.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, her style is fantastic and she always kills it no matter what she attends. I love it. Thankyou for reading x

      Delete
  6. lotsa good looks to choose from. I also really loved the unconventional look from Emma Stone. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was quite nice actually! Thanks for reading, Nancy x

      Delete
  7. There were so many amazing dresses and I loved all these but my favourite had to be Sienna Miller's look :)

    Andini xx
    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, she looked so pretty! Thankyou for reading x

      Delete
  8. Wow, so many great looks. Kelly Osbourne's clutch takes the cake. I just adore it. Rosamund looks incredible -- I can't believe she just had a baby.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, loving the camera look haha! And yeah she just had a baby! Wish I can look that good if I ever have kids haha x

      Delete
  9. I love Lupita's dress and Jared Leto looks HOT (as usual) lol X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he always looks really good and that's coming from me who doesn't really like long hair on guys! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  10. I'm obsessed with George and Amal! So put together and perfect!

    xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't fan of Amal's gloves to be honest with you! I loved her dress and make up though, she's a stunning woman. George always looks good no matter what I think. Thanks for reading, Leah x

      Delete
  11. loved all of the dresses you shared. i just love awards season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks/review! Kate Beckinsale looks absolutely stunning (as always).

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always looks amazing, love her. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  13. There are some lovely looks here! I have to disagree about Kelly though, I'm really not a fan of her hair lately.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mad colours for hair so her look was amazing to me. Thankyou for reading anyway x

      Delete
  14. What a gorgeous event! All the outfits looks stunning! Oh, and nobody could get they eyes off of George Clooney and his new partner! Special mention to Kate Beckinsale - she looks stunning! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I completely agree! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  15. I think Reese Witherspoon and Chrissy Teigen were my two favorites - they looked amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I liked Reese Witherspoon's dress too actually x

      Delete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x