Tuesday 7 October 2014

Skin Product Review: Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water.

I have recently been trying to branch out and try other skin products because I have been using the Simple range for a long time now (which I also reviewed here) and I just felt like a change. So in this post I'm reviewing the Micellar Cleansing Water from Garnier after it came so highly recommended from YouTuber/Make-up Artist Lauren Curtis after I watched her 'Get Unready With Me' video using it and reviewing it herself. 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water comes in a generous 400ml bottle, ready for you to use up to 200 times. It's suitably created for the face, eye area and lips and it is for all skin types and is simply designed for sensitive skin. Obviously it is used to remove make-up while leaving a soothing, refreshing feel to your skin afterwards. There are micelles that act like magnets which lift away make-up and dirt without you needing to vigorously rub which can damage sensitive areas, especially around the eyes.

All you have to do: apply the product to a cotton pad and wipe your face, eyes and lips until you feel satisfied all the make-up has been removed. 

Well I'm actually pretty pleased that I got this product! It removes so much more of the make-up I thought I had gotten rid of and it leaves my skin feelings soft and smoother than ever. It removes eye make-up so well, it's heavenly. The packaging looks fairly simple and cheap with a cute pink lid. It's hypo-allergenic as well which is a bonus. This is also fabulous to use when you're coming home from a night out and you're too tired (or drunk!) to remove all of your make-up, you just dab a bit on a cotton pad and remove as much as you can. I know I'm not the only one who has gone to bed with my make-up still on many a time after a night out!

However I have hit some bumps with this product. It says it has no perfume to it but I have noticed some sort of funny scent to it when applying it to my face which I don't like very much at all. It can be quite drying to my skin (which is oily) but I do solve this by using my Simple moisturiser afterwards anyway. Not only that, I've had quite a few acne breakouts recently and I don't know if this is due to this product, my skin or something else but it seems to worsen every time I use it so at the moment I'm taking a break from it. When I start using it again, hopefully I won't have this problem.

So as I say I do like and dislike this item for many reasons but I do think it's worth giving it a try if you're looking for something new.

You can find them at Boots and Superdrug, whichever you prefer, for £4.99 although I do think it's on offer at the moment because I got it for a cheaper price very recently in Superdrug.

Have you tried this product? What do you think of it?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Thankyou for reading.
Laura.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I was standing today in the drugstore in front of this since my micellair water from Avènè ran out and was wondering if i should give it a shot. I think i will now rather stick to the Avènè. I had enough breakout problems recently. Rather safe then sorry. Although i am sure its a good product. However, i also react rather fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly. Maybe use it when your skin is more clearer and calmer. I think I react quite fast to new products too. Let me know if you ever use it as well! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. I never tried it, but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!
    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did try it, felt like a fresh breath of spring.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the way this product worked, but I had a few mystery breakouts when using it too. I didn't really consider that it might have been the micellar water! Come to think of it, it probably was that!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same here! I haven't used it since, but I think I will try again soon since my skin is a bit calmer now. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. i really want to try this out!

    check out my blog?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and lovely review

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review~! I really want to try this, but they don't sell it where I live :(

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you find it online somewhere? If you really wanted to try it out obviously. Thanks for reading anyway. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing this! I need to find this product ASAP!

    Arica, xxo
    www.varnakandlollies.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments. They are appreciated so much, I am very grateful and I will reply to every single one whenever I can. x